It’s a snow day here. A real, bonafide snow day. Overnight we went from not having any snow to having over a foot!! It’s amazingly beautiful, so fresh and clean outside.
Unfortunately, my head cold has kicked into gear. Or perhaps, fortunately for you (when you check out my recipe you’ll see what I mean). When it’s snowy out and you are sick, you look for comfort. Comfy clothes and food that makes you feel better. As you know, I eat a mostly paleo diet but every once in a while I think it is perfectly healthy to make an exception. These Triple Chocolate Cookies are my exception. The are soft and chewy, loaded with cocoa and two different kinds of chocolate chips. Go big or go home, right?
I hope you enjoy these as an occasional treat, just as much as we do. Triple Chocolate Cookies.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups plus 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yoke
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Either by hand or with an electric mixer (I always mix these by hand) mix the melted butter with the sugars, egg and vanilla. Add the cocoa powder.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Fold in the chips and walnuts.
- If your dough is too soft to form balls, do not add more flour, just stick it in the fridge until it firms up a bit.
- Form balls, about the size of a tablespoon and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes. Cool cookies on cookie sheets. Enjoy!
And, before I forget, this recipe was inspired by Our Best Bites recipe for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Hope it’s a good day!